PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling doors in curtain walls

tim.101799
2007-08-03, 07:55 PM
I am having a problem scheduling door in curtain walls. I am able to tag them, and they do show up in my schedule but the doors to not know what room they are in. Also, in the actual schedule I cannot just type in the room name for these doors. Do I need to add a new parameter to the curtain wall doors, change my schedule?

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-03, 08:35 PM
do a search on the forums. this has been covered a lot of time and i think you should get the answers faster (seeing it is friday and most people might have gone home by now).

Justin

tim.101799
2007-08-06, 01:30 PM
I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the solution to this problem. I have found answers to many other scheduling issues with curtain walls, but not this one.

DaveP
2007-08-06, 02:19 PM
Also, in the actual schedule I cannot just type in the room name for these doors. Do I need to add a new parameter to the curtain wall doors, change my schedule?
If you are using the FROM ROOM or TO ROOM parameter, you will not be able to type in that field. Once you use a parameter for a field, you MUST use only that parameter. That's another one of those blessing/curse issues with Revit. It's great that Revit knows automatically which room to use, but in those 2% that you have a problem, there is no way to cheat. That's kind of the whole idea, though. Once you start cheating, you can no longer trust ANY of the data.

You're going to have to solve the first problem & your second one will go away.