PDA

View Full Version : room finish / "key"

fstafek
2007-08-04, 02:19 PM
Hello everybody,
I'm now doing room schedule with finishes. Our pre REVIT way is to have finishes "keyed" - like foor /ceiling / wall finish 1,2,3..., etc.
eg.: F1,F2,F3... etc. and then have a list / legend where these "keys" are explained to detail.

It saves place on drawing (at certain cost of readability), as you can have narrower table, and usually it is also helpfull, because you can have a short finish only listing on the drawing, and than in project text book all layers of the finish are explained with thickness, characteristics etc.

Can this be achieved somehow? Room shedule with abreviated finish values, and then another one with abbreviations and their more detailed legend-like explanation?

Regards Frantisek Stafek

twiceroadsfool
2007-08-04, 04:28 PM
Sounds to me likw you want to make a Schedule Key. Then just put your Room Schedule on the sheet with two or three columns, Room number, room name, and Key Value.

Then put your Schedule Key on another page. We do this with door schedules throughout the project, even though we end up putting the whole door schedule on the sheet...

ford347
2007-08-05, 08:58 AM
I use a room finish schedule that uses a schedule key and I even reference a 2nd schedule key manually for the use of abbrev.'s. Get a hold of me if you want to check it out.

Josh

fstafek
2007-08-05, 09:28 AM
Thanks all,
I've done it via key schedule, but somehow the oposite way:*)
The key is the "explanation", and the actual finish is the code.

Then the key schedule acts as a legend, and when assigning finishes in room schedule, I select the finishes from key. Then on drawing sheet I hide this field after material asigning is done.

Little strange thing conceptually is that I'm unable tu put the key schedules to legend view.

Regards Frantisek Stafek.