PDA

View Full Version : viewport title moved when printed

jallen.140166
2007-08-04, 03:11 PM
On one particular sheet in our drawing set the viewport titles get moved when we try to print the sheet (physically or to a pdf). The titles are movable, editable, and show up fine on screen but get moved to the bottom left hand corner of the sheet (piled on each other) in print preview and once printed. Any ideas?

jallen.140166
2007-08-06, 04:23 PM
further clarification:
It seems like it is a parameter within this particular sheet rather than the viewports. I have placed other views onto this sheet and the titles get treated the same way... normal on the screen but in the corner on the print.

aaronrumple
2007-08-06, 04:40 PM
What are your print settings? Center? Offset from Corner? Try Offset from corner, no margin.

jallen.140166
2007-08-06, 05:36 PM
All sheets have been/are set to offset from corner: no margin.

jallen.140166
2007-08-06, 06:33 PM
update:

Over the weekend another sheet has decided to move the titles into the corner when printed. As far as we can tell it is only 2 of the 45 sheets. Hopefully we can figure this out before the infection continues!

cd
2007-08-08, 07:41 PM
I am also getting the same title relocation error on all sheets of a project I have been working on, first I thought it was just a view setting that was changed to off, but in preview and in plot none of the titles appear where they should but down in the bottom left hand corner there is a bunch of superimposed titles about an eigth of their normal size. At first it only happened to the first sheet, then to all of them. Is there a workaround for this? Btw, I changed from vector to raster, and the titles went to their actual location, weird. What is wrong with the vector printing?

chris.needham
2007-08-09, 09:42 AM
....... Btw, I changed from vector to raster, and the titles went to their actual location, weird. What is wrong with the vector printing?

Yep, raster printing seems to be the thing to try if you're having unexpected output when printing.

Last week I had a view with a cross section, that when printed showed two earth hatches not lining up, but on screen looked perfect. Tried all sorts of things, then my reseller called in for a visit, ran it past him, we again tried many things, then he suggested trying raster printing, and that was the answer.

Unfortunately though, I like to print my final sets to PDF for record purposes, and the raster printed PDF file was over twice the size of the vector file.
So I'll only use the raster option if I have these anomalies.

aaronrumple
2007-08-09, 01:38 PM
Does your titleblock have any hidden elements in it using a visibility switch?

We had a tiltleblock here that would never print right. We finally traced the issue to a logo that was developed with several types. One of the types (not in use) would have been much larger than the one used and would have extended over the edge of the sheet if it had been turned on. Revit was sizing the print taking this invisible object's size into account.

Replace your titleblock with a simple generic one with just the sheet edge. If that clears up the printing - then it is something in the titleblock....

danny.ferguson
2007-08-16, 02:58 PM
We have a similar problem. Viewport titles do not print on sheets that printed correctly last week. We changed to Raster and they print. So far we have not isolated the difference.

jallen.140166
2007-08-17, 02:35 PM
Aaron,

Thanks for the response about the titleblock, but unfortunately changing the title block didn't seem to have any effect as the viewport titles still want to print in the corner. For now I have just faked the titles with detail lines and text...

TroyGates
2007-08-31, 06:22 PM
This bug has shown up in one of my projects today. One sheet has all of its view titles moving to the lower left hand corner upon printing. In Revit the titles are always in the right place, but when printed they move.

Switching the one sheet to print in raster did fix it. I would say this is a definite bug, but not sure how to reproduce it.