PDA

View Full Version : Dwg Export w/ jpg's question.

dysart
2007-08-07, 06:44 PM
After creating a project location sheet in Revit, I've run into a problem with an export of the file to dwg format for my engineers.

I'm not sure that this is a Revit question or and Autocad question, but here goes.

The three jpg's which are scans have long path name locations which are working fine on my local station. I may print the RVT or it's derivative DWG without problems. I'm using Revit 2008 Series with Autocad 2008.

When I send the dwg and the jpgs to my engineer, the dwg opens and only shows my path name where the jpg is supposed to be. An option in Autocad relative to Xrefs with long path name locations, was to place the xrefs in the same directory as the dwg and Autocad would find it and open it appropriately. No such luck with the jpgs.

I can't manage to manually change the path names within the dwg while testing the problem on another workstation.

Any suggestions?

Attached is an image from Autocad that shows that the jpgs in the dwg made by Revit are "! UNREFERENCED" with a RED exclamation mark ???

bferrer
2007-12-14, 05:23 PM
Did you ever resolve this issue?

sschwartz85916
2007-12-28, 03:23 PM
AutoCAD:
Are the jpgs on your local? Do you send them with the dwg to the engineer? If they are saved to your local, the engineer would have to theoretically save them to the same named path on his local... (and possibly have that path (in autocad) as part of his support file search path). It doesn't look to me that he will have a path with your name on his local...

Not entirely sure about 2008, but in 2006 we always need to save paths to jpgs, tifs, etc. and NEVER work from local.