PDA

View Full Version : Filter!

tha
2007-08-08, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to create some filters to control the visibility of all the families in a project, based on the value in the parameter.

Let say I have a kitchen, in that kitchen I have a microwave, a sink and an ice machine. And I would like to create an "electrical" filter that only display the equipments that require electrical power, and another "plumbing" filter that display all the equipments that need plumb work.

For each one of the family that I want to use the filter, I would create 2 yes/no parameter for it "electrical" and "plumbing".

The microwave would have something like this: electrical: yes, plumbing: no
The ice machine would look like this: electrical: yes, plumbing: yes

The filter work fine for all the equipment that only have one yes parameter. But when they have two yes parameter, it won't work. For example, the ice machine need both electrical and plumbing, but if I only want to see the equipment that requires electrical power, the ice machine will be invisible because I have the plumbing off.

So what I really want to do is to make the ice machine visible when I have either electrical or plumbing filter on.

Thank you for taking the time to read my long post!

aaronrumple
2007-08-08, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to create some filters to control the visibility of all the families in a project, based on the value in the parameter.

Let say I have a kitchen, in that kitchen I have a microwave, a sink and an ice machine. And I would like to create an "electrical" filter that only display the equipments that require electrical power, and another "plumbing" filter that display all the equipments that need plumb work.

For each one of the family that I want to use the filter, I would create 2 yes/no parameter for it "electrical" and "plumbing".

The microwave would have something like this: electrical: yes, plumbing: no
The ice machine would look like this: electrical: yes, plumbing: yes

The filter work fine for all the equipment that only have one yes parameter. But when they have two yes parameter, it won't work. For example, the ice machine need both electrical and plumbing, but if I only want to see the equipment that requires electrical power, the ice machine will be invisible because I have the plumbing off.

So what I really want to do is to make the ice machine visible when I have either electrical or plumbing filter on.

Thank you for taking the time to read my long post!
Create multiple filters. You don't have to do it with just one filter.

tha
2007-08-08, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply,

I do have more than one filter, and that is where the problem come from. I guess the problem is that one filter is turning the object off, while I want another filter to turn it on... so it kinda like the filters is canceling each other out. I'm wondering if there's a way to set the priority for the it?

aaronrumple
2007-08-08, 04:47 PM
You would have 3 filters.

Electrical Filter: One would be for plumbing = yes. Used on the electrical view.
Plumbing Filter: One would be for electrical = yes. Used on the plumbing view.
Coordination Filter: One could be for eletrical = yes and plumbing = yes. (Used on a coordination view.)

tha
2007-08-08, 07:18 PM
Thanks again for reply Aaron,
I got it figure out. So for Electrical; instead of creating a filter that will look for the value of "yes" in the electrical parameter and display it, and turn the object off if the value is "no". It work when I tried to do it the other way around.

Thanks again!