PDA

View Full Version : Reset Project Position in Elevation

tkrich00
2007-08-08, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know how to change the project position in elevation (levels). I need to relocate elev 0'-0" to 25'-0" higher - Is there a way to do this so I do not have to move all my elevation targets (floors,levels etc) because I do not what to have to reset all my section, elevation etc views. I just want the numbers to change on the elevation target to +25'. I have tried the relocate position of project but it does not seem to work in elevation. I welcome any thoughts.

DaveP
2007-08-08, 07:56 PM
?? Relocate this Project should be what you need.

Not sure why it wouldn't work for you in Elevation.
Just be be clear, here's all the steps:

Switch to an Elevation View
Tools...Project Position/Orientation...Relocate this Project
Click a point anywhere in the Elevation View
Move your mouse vertically. Make sure the green line shows
Type in the exact distance you want to move.
Aha! I just thought of why it "didn't work"!
Before you move it again, go into your Level Head Properties. Select a Level, right-click & pick Element Properties. Go into the Edit/New part & check the Elevation Base. It should say "Project"

tkrich00
2007-08-14, 09:19 PM
I could not get this to work - It just moves everything - It does not change the elevation numbers on the levels. Any other thoughts?

cliff collins
2007-08-14, 10:10 PM
Not quite sure I'm understanding--but here goes:

I think the "relocate project" idea is good and will physically move the project
to the correct "Z" elevation of 25'-0" for the firts floor level.

Then, you want the Level Tag to read 25'-0" instead of 0'-0"?
Just type in 25'-0" in the First Floor Level Tag, where it currently says 0'-0"
(If it is a multistory building you will need to adjust the other levels, etc.)

Seems too simple? Perhaps it is...

Cheers.....

Cathy Hadley
2007-08-14, 10:48 PM
Once you have relocated the project to the proper elevation... and you now want to read that elevaton value as part of your level family...

select one level line... go to properties... edit the type parameter of Elevation Base from project to shared...

chodosh
2007-08-15, 05:31 PM
You could also use "Tools>Shared Coordinates>Specify Coordinates at a Point," pick the point on your ground floor and only change the elevation, not the X,Y coordinates. Then, change your Level properties to display by Shared, as noted before.
HTH,
LC