PDA

View Full Version : Line Pattern

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-08-08, 08:27 PM
Is there a way for me to create a line pattern that isn't made up of dots, dash or spaces? I am trying to create a line pattern that is a zig zag to represent curtains. Also, I would like to create line types for code reasons that would have the text 1HR or 2HR periodically throughout the line. It seems to me that this isnt possible within the current limits of the line pattern editor...but it would be awesome to be proven wrong.

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-08, 08:49 PM
not you can't create a linetype with a zigzag, but you could create a line based family that could have an array of a zigzag in it.

as for linetypes for frr, search the forum and you will find lots of different responces on different approaches on the subject (you can make line based families with text in it)

Justin

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-08-08, 09:37 PM
Excellent - thank you. Any idea on how to get it to follow a curve?

ijnicholas
2007-08-08, 09:51 PM
You might be able to use repeating details.
hth

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-08, 10:38 PM
i know that you can make it follow a curved, by inserting family in family. i dont know exactly it is done, but i have seen some posts with examples of how to accomplish it. try searching line based family and see what you get

Justin

ijnicholas
2007-08-09, 09:41 PM
We use handrail elements for complicated linestyles (!). Does not show in RCPs. Check the attachment.

nicholas.

Excellent - thank you. Any idea on how to get it to follow a curve?

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-10, 03:42 PM
railing style is a good method, but sometimes i need to see it in rcp, so unfortunetly it is not always the answer

justin