PDA

View Full Version : Return Air Ducting Help please!

Tyveka
2007-08-08, 09:54 PM
Okay, in the attached image, we are trying to get the Return Air Grill (wall mounted, at the top of the image) to connect to the duct going straight to the furnace (found in red at the bottom, one floor below, currently as a Tee).

The problem that we're facing is that it won't let us connect the register to the duct inside of the wall and still sit on the face of the wall. Nor will it tap or tee into the duct running straight up without going over the size limit. All we need is a 1" extension on a 14" x 6" return air register. The duct needs to also be sized at 14"x6".

What can we do to get this to work?

Additionally, the routing is not how it is called out in the actual drawings. Ideally, the return duct would go over the furnace, into the wall and straight up to the register.

This needs resolution pretty quickly, if anyone can help. and yes, we've tried all the different miters, elbows, tees, taps, etc....

Thank you in advance.

lcchvacr
2009-03-27, 03:09 PM
Okay, in the attached image, we are trying to get the Return Air Grill (wall mounted, at the top of the image) to connect to the duct going straight to the furnace (found in red at the bottom, one floor below, currently as a Tee).

The problem that we're facing is that it won't let us connect the register to the duct inside of the wall and still sit on the face of the wall. Nor will it tap or tee into the duct running straight up without going over the size limit. All we need is a 1" extension on a 14" x 6" return air register. The duct needs to also be sized at 14"x6".

What can we do to get this to work?

Additionally, the routing is not how it is called out in the actual drawings. Ideally, the return duct would go over the furnace, into the wall and straight up to the register.

This needs resolution pretty quickly, if anyone can help. and yes, we've tried all the different miters, elbows, tees, taps, etc....

Thank you in advance.

Hi...
Tyveka010
Please send me your file in Revit., For my analysis and solution this problem.

steeveshah950365
2011-09-15, 03:22 PM
Air ducting is very important for revery home and indoor but every should on reliable resources.

Revit MEP DR
2011-09-15, 03:48 PM
Yea, I run into this a lot. The easy way around it is to draw the duct beyond where you want it initially. Then make your connections as you need. Then you can shrink the extra duct down to where you need. It is trying to make the fittings with the default dimensions. Once you get those placed you can edit the tap length to a fraction of an inch if you want. It's the default fitting tap lengths that are giving you trouble.

I hope that helps.