PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Reflect Ceiling

nsinha73
2007-08-08, 10:22 PM
When I mirror the Reflected Ceiling Grid to the next identical Room, It automatically rotates....What am I doing wrong??

Thanks guys

dhurtubise
2007-08-09, 01:53 PM
the pattern dont really rotate, like it was mention not long ago by Scott Davis it actually fits in the widest part of your room. You can still tab to select it and rotate it.

dkoch
2009-11-05, 04:37 PM
the pattern dont really rotate, like it was mention not long ago by Scott Davis it actually fits in the widest part of your room. You can still tab to select it and rotate it.
Not true! If I start with a grid that has a 2x4 grid with the 4-foot direction running parallel to either direction of a rectangular ceiling extents, when mirroring on either major axis, the orientation of the 4-foot direction changes. In effect, the grid rotates (whether or not it is really a rotation internally). The attached image illustrates several ceiling grids that have been mirrored; the purple lines were used to specify the mirror axis. As you can see, things get really weird when the axis is not orthoganal to the grid.

The image was from a file done in Revit Architecture 2009. As far I am concerned, this is a defect. Has this been fixed in 2010?