PDA

View Full Version : Arrows Arrows - too many Arrows! (ELEC)

sparkie001
2007-08-09, 03:32 AM
Need (1) the ability to show just one arrow on a multi-circuit home run and (2) NO arrows within the wiring from receptacle to receptacle. I've been working in this industry for 25+ years and have never seen anyone show arrows _in_ the branch circuit wiring (#2) like Revit does...

mjdanowski
2007-08-09, 01:02 PM
Need (1) the ability to show just one arrow on a multi-circuit home run and (2) NO arrows within the wiring from receptacle to receptacle. I've been working in this industry for 25+ years and have never seen anyone show arrows _in_ the branch circuit wiring (#2) like Revit does...

The arrow within the branch circuit (for us) has always designated the point where two branch circuits on the same home run are split.

Unfortunately though, Revit kind of forces you into this standard in a few different ways. We had this problem where we have emergency relay lighting fixtures and needed to show two connections to the same fixture. This usually resulted in the "binding" of two circuits and home run arrows all over the place.

We eventually just fixed it by getting the emergency feed "really close" to the fixture, but not connected to it so on plan it showed up correctly. I suppose you could have added a second connector as well, but at the time we didn't have the time to deal with such things.

dmb.100468
2007-08-09, 03:07 PM
I've been doing this for 12 years and we've always shown it that way, so that really isn't the argument to use. I would like to see more control over if, how and where the arrowheads are shown also.

sparkie001
2007-08-10, 05:25 AM
I've been doing this for 12 years and we've always shown it that way, so that really isn't the argument to use. I would like to see more control over if, how and where the arrowheads are shown also.

I knew there would be someone who would say that. :) I have seen drawings from hundreds of engineers and never run across arrows anywhere but on the home run. We tend to alternate circuit numbers along the circuit and the arrows would be rather pointless. TNX

Matthew Stuver
2007-08-14, 01:30 AM
I'm with DMB... We show the arrows, but instead of them being at the end of the line, close to another device. I would like to show them in the center of the line.
Not like this... ------------------------------------->
But like this... ---------------->--------------------