PDA

View Full Version : Accurender & camera match

mtogni
2007-08-09, 09:28 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to put a rendered image in a picture but seems is very difficult to match exactly the position. I know Viz has a tool called Camera Match to perform that, so I was wondering if Accurender has something similar or some workaround to reach the same result.
Any suggestion will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

robert.manna
2007-08-09, 12:26 PM
There is no camera match feature currently in Revit. Accurender is just the rendering engine included with Revit, so any camera matching features would need to be part of Revit itself. My best advice, know approximately where in plan the image was taken from, and posistion your camera in that location, match the height as closely as possible, then adjust your view extents. The problem is Revit has very limited control over the "camera" lens therefore making it hard to adjust to match any sort of lens with a zoom on it. You might also try posting under the Revit rendering forum to see who or what you catch there.

HTH,
-R

twiceroadsfool
2007-08-09, 01:36 PM
I did a bunch of these lately, as i wanted to get images fromt he model that were similar to the actual job site, for my blog. They dont come out perfectly, as there are also no Camera Correction Modifiers and the like, but they come out close enough to get an accurate respresentation (for my use, anyway).

Ive found it just takes some trial and error, but in some occasions i try to actually document where i was standing, lol...

cdatechguy
2007-08-09, 03:23 PM
Get it as close as possible....then let Photoshop do the rest. I also like to add masses or similiar to help match the camera perception.

mtogni
2007-08-09, 04:36 PM
Thanks all for your kind answer.
Ok about to get as close as possible but unfortunately I have to "put" the new building image in a urban contest so I need to fit it almost exactly between some existing buildings, that's the reason.
Thanks again.