PDA

View Full Version : Rigid insulation

garyg.architect
2007-08-09, 02:04 PM
Does anyone have a rigid insulation detail component where the hatch lines remain perpendicular to the thickness of the insulation. Regardless of the orientation? I have tried the line based family stuff without success, the hatch always ends of vert. or horizontal. The hatch is simply a series of vertical line (perpendicular to the thickness) closely spaced together. Using Revit architecture 2008.
Thanks
G

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-09, 02:36 PM
instead of using a drafted pattern, use a model pattern.

Justin

garyg.architect
2007-08-09, 03:12 PM
Yes, that works .... however when using a model pattern it will place the vertical lines at the same "real-world" spacing regardless of scale. Thus, when it is used in a small scale detail, the pattern will become to dense to properly display.

The options of course are to develop a number of model patterns to compensate for this. Not my first choice but it will work.

The same thing holds true for other materials such as plywood. This is why a drafting pattern is preferred. But may not be doable.

Thanks
G

patricks
2007-08-09, 03:38 PM
I do not use the included Plywood drafting pattern for this reason.

I modified the Plywood detail component to be 3 layers of slanted lines in alternating directions. It looks great in both horizontal and vertical orientations (or near to those directions). It doesn't look quite right when it's closer to a 45 deg. angle, but it's close enough to tell what it is.

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-09, 03:44 PM
i find that at really small scales that pattern does not anyawys so i have never really worried about it at that point.

Justin