PDA

View Full Version : Wall cleanups across groups

michaelf
2007-08-09, 02:38 PM
What is the best way to do this? When I use the edit wall joins command it freezes up my system. More often then not too, the default clean up is not how I need it, which is why I'm using the edit wall joins command in the first place. Is there an ordering of drawing walls that someone would recommend that would make wall clean ups show correctly? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated....

aaronrumple
2007-08-09, 02:42 PM
What is the best way to do this? When I use the edit wall joins command it freezes up my system. More often then not too, the default clean up is not how I need it, which is why I'm using the edit wall joins command in the first place. Is there an ordering of drawing walls that someone would recommend that would make wall clean ups show correctly? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated....The best way is to limit the wall cleanups between groups and non-group objects. The group will always use the default join option as the preferred. Which as you have noted - isn't always what you want. You are best to disallow join and butt the walls.

michaelf
2007-08-09, 02:50 PM
Ok, so then when that join needs to be detailed, what do you recommend? Fill regions with linework to show the correct sequencing of materials? What if at 1/8" scale that join isnt showing up correctly and is located several places on a floor as well as repeated on several floors?