PDA

View Full Version : 3ds MAX 2008 Released!

Steve_Bennett
2007-08-09, 05:01 PM
Saw this in action at siggraph and it was beautiful!
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5659302&siteID=123112

stusic
2007-08-09, 05:38 PM
I was just reading about it this morning...

I dig the Review feature and the better control over Adaptive Degradation...

So you've seen it in action, eh? Any huge changes/improvements worth mentioning?

stusic
2007-08-09, 05:41 PM
And it figures that a new version comes out right after I finally upgraded... I simply don't have the time to keep re-installing software anymore...

dellis
2007-08-09, 07:22 PM
Steve,

Did they mention whether or not the viewport shadowing was going to be supported by 3rd party renderers or is a scanline thing?

Steve_Bennett
2007-08-10, 02:15 AM
I was just reading about it this morning...

I dig the Review feature and the better control over Adaptive Degradation...

So you've seen it in action, eh? Any huge changes/improvements worth mentioning?Better enhancements when dealing with exported dwgs from revit is what caught my attention. You can export as ACIS solids and the material assignments come thru fine which makes re-assigning new mr materials easier. An exported dwg using acis solids is about half the size of a file exported as a polyface mesh. Also cool was the select similar tool which works similar to the one in revit and aca.

Steve_Bennett
2007-08-10, 02:16 AM
Steve,

Did they mention whether or not the viewport shadowing was going to be supported by 3rd party renderers or is a scanline thing?I didn't think to ask, but I will ask one of their AE's when I meet up with him later this month.

Steve_Bennett
2007-08-14, 08:30 PM
Also, there is better interpretation of face normals when bringing dwg files from revit in MAX.