PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling based lights symbolic visibility

DoTheBIM
2007-08-09, 06:53 PM
I have some ceiling hosted lights that have some symbolic lines for use in my electrical plan views. Problem is the symbolic doesn't show up in the project. Is this normal behavior? Am I trying to make Revit do something it wasn't supposed to do. Wall hosted lights seem fine. I actually have one ceiling light that does do what I want so I thought I'd do the same for the others as well so I didn't have to make separate drawings for lighting. Is there a trick to getting the symbolic lines to show other than drawing on the reference level in the family?

jeffh
2007-08-09, 07:49 PM
If it is celing hosted it is possible nothing in the family is crossing the cut plane so it will not show up. One trick you can do is add an invisible model line to the family running from the reference level up to the model geometry. Then the family will be "cut" and allow the symbolic lines to show up.

DoTheBIM
2007-08-09, 08:19 PM
The invisible line did the trick, but the one that did work doesn't have any geometry or invisible line below the cut line other than the symbolic line.... hmmmm... after further investigation it was the reference lines or the reference level that I had that made the other one work... no invisible line needed. I've seen this invisible line trick mentioned before. Maybe a reference line is a better solution setting it to not be a reference.... ahh scratch that it must be set to at least weak reference. I guess it's a wash which to use. Thanks for the direction.