PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous - Dynamic Area Calculator (Imperial)

Rico
2007-08-10, 01:23 PM
This is a block I created a little over a couple of months ago and it was based on a co-worker's request.

It's basically a 10 sided closed Pline with stretch actions and a field that looks up the area of the object.

Just like a normal pline, if you reduce (or connect) the points, it adjusts and can turn into a 3 sided area block (if that's what you need).

I have a 9 sided, 8 sided etc etc all the way down to 3 sided area block. But the 10 sided one covers all those needs. And I also have it in Metric and Unitless, though they are not completely finished yet - more because I'm lazy than because it is hard. ;)

And when you need a new one, you just insert a new copy of the block and you're good to go again!

CADDmanVA
2007-08-10, 01:45 PM
Awesome! I think this could be pretty handy doing take off plans. Thanks.

Rico
2007-08-10, 01:51 PM
Awesome! I think this could be pretty handy doing take off plans. Thanks.That's what it was made for ..... that and area studies ... and preliminary space experiements ...

glad to see it'll be of help somewhere else ...

Doodlemusmaximus
2007-08-24, 11:41 AM
I'm probably missing something here Rico, but the area doesn't change when i move and strech it?

CADDmanVA
2007-08-24, 12:40 PM
I'm probably missing something here Rico, but the area doesn't change when i move and strech it?

Try REGEN'ing the drawings after modifying.

Rico
2007-08-24, 01:22 PM
Try REGEN'ing the drawings after modifying.

Right.

Add make sure that your FIELDEVAL is also set to ... 31? ... or 32? I can't remember which :Oops: .... but it'll make sure that all the optional variables of FIELDEVAL are active.

Chris.N
2007-08-24, 02:02 PM
Right.

Add make sure that your FIELDEVAL is also set to ... 31? ... or 32? I can't remember which :Oops: .... but it'll make sure that all the optional variables of FIELDEVAL are active.
to find what # works for how you operate in Cad, go into your Options dialog, under your User Pref. tab, and go into the Field Update Settings button. once you select what you want (or all) then see what the FIELDEVAL variable is returning as the setting #...

(and "all checked" is 31)

Rico
2007-08-24, 02:32 PM
to find what # works for how you operate in Cad, go into your Options dialog, under your User Pref. tab, and go into the Field Update Settings button. once you select what you want (or all) then see what the FIELDEVAL variable is returning as the setting #...

(and "all checked" is 31)

cheating, heh? gotta know the system variables off the top of your head without checking! ;)

Either way, thanks.

mtutaj.144510
2007-10-01, 10:43 PM
is the link still active? Keep getting an error message.

Thanks,

Mike

Mr Cory
2007-10-02, 06:46 AM
The link to the block in the OP? Yep i just downloaded it again. I'll post it again if you like and see if it works... Rico's block ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Chris.N
2007-10-02, 12:18 PM
is the link still active? Keep getting an error message.

Thanks,

Mike
what kind of error? if you get a drawing invalid error, you need to go HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=53958)because you need to convert the file back to a version you can open.

tedg
2007-10-02, 12:54 PM
Nice Block Rico!
Thanks.

mtutaj.144510
2007-10-04, 05:36 PM
it gives me a watchguard proxy error. I cannot save the file to my system.

Rico
2007-10-04, 06:15 PM
it gives me a watchguard proxy error. I cannot save the file to my system.

send me your e-mail address and I'll send it out to you that way.

mtutaj.144510
2007-10-04, 08:00 PM
thanks for the file guys. I figured out the problem. Our Corporate firewall was blocking the files and the downloading for some reason. not all .dwg's but just some.

tigers
2009-02-17, 05:49 PM
Just noticed a little bug: one of the stretch reference point (on the right, can't remember the #, it's slightly out of place, which results in an incorrect area calculation.

Rico
2009-02-17, 06:14 PM
Just noticed a little bug: one of the stretch reference point (on the right, can't remember the #, it's slightly out of place, which results in an incorrect area calculation.

Fair enough. I'll definitely look into that and fix it in my files and I'll repost when it is updated.

Notice I didn't say WHEN I would do it, though. ;-)

I'll get to that eventually. :-) Thanks for the heads up though!:beer::beer::beer:

m.thomas
2016-12-23, 01:01 PM
Hi Is the metric version available.
Been banging my head against the wall trying to convert the imperial version.
Thanks
MT

nej.borko
2017-02-01, 12:27 PM
Is anyone able to convert this block to a metric version. It is great though.

Regards, jb

MMccall
2017-02-01, 02:31 PM
Try this one. I don't work in metric units so I'm not sure I did it correctly.