PDA

View Full Version : Ramp view in plan

nextvkin
2007-08-12, 04:41 AM
Hello,
I have my view range (in plan view) set to the default view but my ramp is shown in full, ie all the way to the top level. I tested the view range by drawing a stair & it displays correctly. Do ramps behave differently?
TIA
Kay.

Melarch
2007-08-12, 05:40 PM
From Revit Architecture 2008 HELP.

Model elements located outside the visible range generally are not shown in the view.

The exceptions are floors, stairs and ramps, and components that stay or are mounted on the floor (like furniture). These are shown even when slightly below the visible range.

Elements that are strictly below the cut plane, but are at least partially within the visible range, are shown as viewed from above. Components are displayed according to Family Element Visibility Settings for Plan/RCP. See Visibility and Detail Levels (mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesRevit%20Architecture%202008ProgramHelpBuildingENU.CHM::/WS46b90c3cb2c58cadb753f8fc7f98a3be-7fe6.htm).
Walls shorter than 6 feet (approximately 1.83 meters) are not cut, even if they intersect the cut plane.
There are a few categories for which an element located above the cut plane but partially below the top clip is shown in plan. These categories include windows, casework, and generic model. These objects are shown as viewed from above.
Ramps and stairs are shown above the Cut plane set in the View Range of the View Properties. The difference is that Stairs uses a break line at the Cut Plane to show the stairs in hidden projection lines above. Ramps do not have this parameter. The work around is to use a Break Line family detail component and then draw hidden lines to express the ramp lines above the cut plane.

Model elements located outside the visible range generally are not shown in the view. The exceptions are floors, stairs and ramps, and components that stay or are mounted on the floor (like furniture). These are shown even when slightly below the visible range.

Elements that are strictly below the cut plane, but are at least partially within the visible range, are shown as viewed from above. Components are displayed according to Family Element Visibility Settings for Plan/RCP. See Visibility and Detail Levels (mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesRevit%20Architecture%202008ProgramHelpBuildingENU.CHM::/WS46b90c3cb2c58cadb753f8fc7f98a3be-7fe6.htm).
Walls shorter than 6 feet (approximately 1.83 meters) are not cut, even if they intersect the cut plane.
There are a few categories for which an element located above the cut plane but partially below the top clip is shown in plan. These categories include windows, casework, and generic model. These objects are shown as viewed from above.
Ramps unlike stairs do not have built-in break line parameter to control the look of stair linework above the view range cut plane. So the work around is to use a Break Line family detailed component to hide the ramp above the cut plane and then draw hiiden detail lines to show the ramp above the cut plane hidden or usse a Masking Region and detailed hidden linework.

Revit development should really look into correcting this oversight and provide the same break line parameter that is in the stair system family.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.

nextvkin
2007-08-13, 03:32 AM
Thanks for that, Mel.
Kay

samov
2008-06-05, 10:09 AM
I'm having the same problem... I've read posts here as old as 2006 WITH the same problem...

IS THERE any way to add this "cut parameter" manually in some kind of family... autodesk seems ... not to care or is unable to fix this rather small problem.