PDA

View Full Version : preventing ungrouping

JSM_HOME
2007-08-14, 06:11 PM
Is there anyway to prevent some one from ungrouping a group. we are working on a hotel with 5 floors guestrooms and someone our team ungrouped the the commons wall group which included the doors, corridor,demising walls and ceilings. I tried the pin command but it does prevent or warn a person that they are ungrouping a group.

cliff collins
2007-08-14, 06:31 PM
Perhaps turning the Groups into separate .rvt files and linking them would be an alternative,
especially if you have certain "core elements" that remain independent and need to be kept
strictly segregated from other main model elements.

Just a thought.

Cheers....

tonyisenhoff
2007-08-14, 06:34 PM
We had a similar situation... It was bad, bad, bad...

Don't think you can do what you're asking - at least not directly...

Not sure I would do this, but how about changing the group to a link (new feature in RAC 2008)? Just a thought. Eventually you could bind the link (turn it back into a group).

I think your team needs some education...

Scott D Davis
2007-08-14, 07:12 PM
You could put the group on a workset, and check it out under an "admin" user name and don't reliquish it.

cliff collins
2007-08-14, 07:14 PM
Scott,

Very crafty.........

JSM_HOME
2007-08-14, 09:35 PM
Scott:

Will I have to check the "admin" workset everytime I opening the drawings?

Scott D Davis
2007-08-14, 09:48 PM
No, you can open your local file and the Groups in the "special" workset will still be displayed, but they will be checked out by Admin and wont be editable. You will have to start Revit using Admin as a user name in order to make changes to these groups, or to relinquish them so others will be able to access them.