PDA

View Full Version : Wraping Wall Sweeps

mjohns18
2007-08-15, 06:43 PM
I created a wall type will 2 wall sweeps, one is a cast stone sill at 2'-8" and the second is a soldier course at 9'-0" above the base. This particular wall is extending past the edge of the building (wing wall) so I have assigned the sweeps to be on both sides of the wall. How would I get the sweeps to wrap around the edge of the wall? see attached pdf for diagrams.

Thank you

cliff collins
2007-08-15, 07:10 PM
Make another small piece of wall at the end of the wingwall, perpendicular to the 2 parallel front and back faces.

Cheers....

luigi
2007-08-16, 02:25 AM
I don't have revit open in front of me...but all you need to do is after selecting the wall...there should be a command in your "option bar" to extend the sweep (more about turning the corner or straightening than extend) once you select that you can place the degree of your corner (either 90 or -90) and all you have to do is select the face of the profile of your sweep (best viewed in an isometric view) and it will turn the corner..then you can hit "ESC" make sure the wall is still selected and you can drag the blue dot of your sweep to the other sweep...it should miter properly....

If you can't make it miter perfectly...since you can only turn a sweep once...turn both sweeps and terminate the 2 sweeps on the short end of the wall....

Hope it makes sense....I don't get updates on my posts...so if you need better description, you can send me an email (not through augi, but at lcoletta@shwgroup.com) and I can direct you better with Revit open on my computer...)

Take care,

Luigi

I created a wall type will 2 wall sweeps, one is a cast stone sill at 2'-8" and the second is a soldier course at 9'-0" above the base. This particular wall is extending past the edge of the building (wing wall) so I have assigned the sweeps to be on both sides of the wall. How would I get the sweeps to wrap around the edge of the wall? see attached pdf for diagrams.

Thank you

mjohns18
2007-08-16, 02:36 PM
luigi,

Thank you that worked great!!