PDA

View Full Version : CAD Elements visibility issue

Tyveka
2007-08-16, 02:43 PM
Good day everyone,

We have an issue where our mechanical consultant did their drawings in AutoCAD, whereas we did our Architectural model in Revit.

The problem we are now facing - we have rooms on the same level with different ceiling heights and some rooms have open ceilings while others don't. We want to show the diffusers and ductwork in the ceiling plan where it shows up, hiding the ductwork where the ceiling hides it.

How would we go about doing this without "re-drafting" all the mech stuff in Revit?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

MNsnowtaTy
2007-08-16, 04:28 PM
Good question! I'm doing the same thing, but because I couldn't find any solutions I have been drawing the duct work based off of the CAD duct work into Revit. Takes a while since I've never really done to much with Revit MEP, but what I've got done so far looks pretty nice. Hopefully there is an easy solution.

chodosh
2007-08-16, 04:41 PM
Have you tried setting the offset of the Linked DWG to be above your ceilings so that in Hidden Line the linework of the DWG appears beyond the ceilings? You would still have to add diffusers in Revit where you have ceilings, but not the rest of the ducts, etc. Or are the ceilings too varied in height for that to work?
LC

MNsnowtaTy
2007-08-16, 04:45 PM
The ceilings on the project I'm working on vary too much, but it's still good practice.