PDA

View Full Version : Stumped: Options & Uneditable Model Lines

chodosh
2007-08-17, 02:31 AM
Okay, I'm completely stumped: we have several Design Options where when editing within the option new Model Lines are not editable after they're placed...? Basically they are behaving as if they are Detail Lines, but the properties say otherwise. I'm sure there is something I could have overlooked, but I'm not sure and I have never seen this before with Model Lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
LC

Mr Spot
2007-08-17, 07:04 AM
How are they uneditable? Do you mean that the trim command isn't working on them?

This happens if you are just unticking editable only to edit them. To have access to the trim command you have to be in the appropriate design option edit mode.

Let me know if I'm off track....

chodosh
2007-08-17, 01:51 PM
Yep, that's the issue, you can't pick them either, only grab within a selection window, they behave just like Detail Lines. And it actually is happening in the design edit mode of the Option when you draw the lines. SR time?

LC

sbrown
2007-08-17, 08:10 PM
it sounds like a workplane issue, could they be being drawn at a lower level?

chodosh
2007-08-18, 02:42 AM
That's the only solution I could think of, so I drew a few extra study sections and turned off everything except the levels, nothing obviously above or below. I think there may be a few ghosts, I might check that again. Time to go hunting for ID numbers for missing levels I guess...
LC