PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling phasing problem

Griff
2007-08-17, 03:34 AM
I have placed a ceiling in my plan and demoed the lights that need to be removed or relocated. On the new Reflected Ceiling Plan the holes from the demoed 2'x4' light fixtures are left in the ceiling. What is the best practice for removing those holes. I've gone in and used the linework tool and made them invisible lines. It seems to me there must be a better way of doing this. I've attached an image showing the problem if I haven't written it out very clearly. Thanks for any help

Mr Spot
2007-08-17, 07:01 AM
So the ceiling is in the existing phase and so are the lights?

You've demo'd the lights in the new construction phase?

Am I correct so far?

If you don't want to see the demolished lights and the opening change or create a phase filter than has demolition phase turned off...

HTH.

Griff
2007-08-17, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the reply,
Yes the exist ceiling and the exist. lights were placed on the exist phase, but the lights that were demoed were demoed on the existing phase.
The new lights were then placed on the new phase.

This is my new phase setting
new = overridden
existing = overridden
demolished = not displayed
temporary = not displayed

I've attached a small revit file so you can see what I'm talking about.

B. Strube
2007-08-17, 11:33 PM
A couple of comments:
1. Objects created and demo'd in the same phase are temporary construction. Better to demo the existing lights in the new construction phase (or a demo phase placed between existing and new phases).
2. The opening in the family may be causing the problem if it is exactly 2 x 4 matching the grid model pattern on the ceiling. We have our opening sketch set to a 1/4" inside the reference planes which define the size of the fixture. The ceiling grids are then able to display correctly without being partially or totally obscured by the infill ceiling which replaces the demo'd light.

Hope this helps.

Griff
2007-08-18, 02:20 AM
Wow, now I'm confused. I know at AU a couple of years ago, someone was saying that you shouldn't have a demo phase between the existing and new. I was using a demo phase at the time but since I was just starting out in Revit I figured I was probably doing it wrong and I haven't even thought about it since. One thing I was thinking that makes since with creating and demoing objects in the same phase (temporary) is the heavy dashed line indicating demo'd object at a glance. I guess I'm going to have to think this over.

Interesting thought on the opening in the light fixture family. I'm going to try that.

Thanks for the thoughts