PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning of Windows

bhinze35700
2004-08-06, 09:07 AM
I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem I have:

A colleague of mine is having a few problems with his dimensions of windows.
He placed a dimension string along an external wall that picked up all of his window openings. He has now had to change the closing of the wall from external to internal and all of his dimensions disappeared.
I tried the dimension string just quickly and half the dimensions disappeared.

There seems to be no consistency and when it comes to dimensions, this is what you want.
I understand that we probably didn't pick the correct marker for the opening but even so, as different users with different levels of Revit experience will be working on this project, is there a way to make the correct window opening marker be the first option that Revit picks?

thanks
Brett

aggockel50321
2004-08-06, 11:07 AM
Not sure if this is what you mean, but in the dimenision command, if you use the "entire wall" pick option, & then the "opening centers" , it'll force the dimension to the window opening center.As for the wall closing issue, if you delete an element that a dimension is tied to, the dimension will go with it.

Martin P
2004-08-06, 11:53 AM
How do you mean change the closing of the walls?

a multiple dimension with "openings" set will pick the openings every time...

bhinze35700
2004-08-06, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your replies

Sorry about the terminology - Instead of Closing I was meaning the wrapping of walls at an opening.

It seems that when he goes to dimension at the first instance, the dimension command is picking the wrapping element to dimension to instead of the actual opening. It is not until the 2nd tab that the dimension command picks the opening.

I have tried to find the 'entire wall' option in the dimension command but can't find it (we are still using 6.0)

I guess I am looking for a option or setting that will force revit to dimension the opening without having to tab twice. (I have tried the same scenario on a different machine and the results are different).

aaronrumple
2004-08-06, 03:50 PM
Thanks for your replies
I have tried to find the 'entire wall' option in the dimension command but can't find it (we are still using 6.0)

A 6.1 Feature....