PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling heights/Coordinating with MEP

pleasantc
2007-08-21, 03:17 PM
Do I understand correctly that if the Upper Limit is set above the height of the ceiling that the Limit Offset is then calculated from the ceiling height instead of the Upper Limit? I have also read somewhere that if the ceiling isn't attached properly to the walls that it will not recognize the ceiling.
If that is the way it is supposed to work, mine is not! I am having to set the Upper Limit to Finish Floor and manually put in the Limit Offset (ceiling height). This seems counterproductive.
Also, how do you schedule a ceiling height that varies?
I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but my MEP engineers are having trouble getting their ducts in, because they can't tell what the height of the ceilings are. And they can't get the lights to attach to the ceiling. They come in at strange heights, and have to be manually moved in to place.

I have found several threads about the different pieces of this problem, but I need to know if these problems are related. And if so, what information do I need to put in my model so that the consultants will have the information they need? I can't seem to find these answers anywhere! Any help is greatly appreciated!