PDA

View Full Version : Detail Views - Structure Columns

tkrich00
2007-08-21, 05:10 PM
I think I am loosing my mind - nothing is working today. When i do a call out in plan of a structural column with and architectural column - I cannot seet the structural column - I have checked all my visibility controls, set to fine detail, Even when I go to wire frame they do not show - I have tried it on several different levels and the same thisn occurs - Is this a glitch or is there something else I am missing? Any Thoughts?

justin.black
2007-08-21, 05:32 PM
Just one question to be answered then I'll jump in with my response. Are you using Revit Structure 4?

tkrich00
2007-08-21, 06:02 PM
No - Revit Architecture 2008

bclarch
2007-08-21, 09:10 PM
If you are using worksets the column may be in a workset that is turned off in that view.

DaveP
2007-08-21, 09:27 PM
Check your Display settings.
Structural Columns show up as a "Stick Figure" if you are in Coarse Mode.
Change to Medium or Fine & they should show up again.

tkrich00
2007-08-21, 10:04 PM
Ok, The view is set to fine, all the columns are all on in the visibility, all the worksets are on, no filters are on, not on design options, The steel family has not been modified - I have checked all the settings in the family. the funny thing is when I look at the plan the show but my view is taken as follows - call out tag in elevation and then I cut a section looing down to seet he plan veiw of the wall, the steel does not show. Even when I do just a callout in plan of just the column the steel does not show. Can some body please test this - I feel like I'm going crazy - becasue I tried it on another project and it is fine.

srinivas.vemuri
2007-08-21, 10:16 PM
This is a known issue to Autodesk and they are probably working on this. The workaround for now, is to edit the Structural Column Family. In the Steel Column Family Go to the 'Settings' Menu and select 'Family Category and Parameters' and uncheck the box for 'Show family pre-cut in plan' option. Reload the family back into your project and the column should show up in the Detail View callout.

Hope this helps,

dhurtubise
2007-08-22, 01:11 AM
Right on. And it's been known for a little while. Maybe next build :-)

mrice.47661
2009-03-26, 02:44 AM
Thought this was a bit amusing & relevant for many folks. While this post is about 2 years old, I came across this issue just now in a Revit 2009 project - so 2 versions of Revit have been released without this known issue being addressed.

In addition, it is not only limited to structural columns, but also seems to affect the way that structural concrete columns behave at Medium & Fine levels of detail.

At least we have AUGI to shed some light on these type of issues ... but I wish something as straightforward as this could have been addressed by this point.

archshrk
2009-07-08, 05:33 PM
It apparently has been resolved in Revit Architecture 2010

pugander
2010-02-05, 11:00 PM
It has not been fixed in 2010.
Another work around is to use plan views instead of detail views.
Only major drawback is where these views end up in the browser

cliff collins
2010-02-08, 02:14 PM
pugander is correct.

You must use a Floor Plan Callout, not a Detail Callout for the struct. columns to show.

cheers........