PDA

View Full Version : Existing lights won't render in new view

The Great GB
2007-08-21, 06:41 PM
Hi again all,

I have an issue where the lights from the existing phase won't render their luminance in the final model. The model is phased as it is a renovation, but some of the existing lights are on, but these ones aren't, so it's not simply a question of phasing. I've checked the lighting, V&G, view properties, element properties, all to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gord

MNsnowtaTy
2007-08-21, 06:47 PM
If they are the same exact lights try copying the ones that work and pasting them in the spots where the others don't work. Maybe you had just missed something simple in the ones that aren't working. Hopefully that will help.

SkiSouth
2007-08-21, 06:59 PM
No new construction blocking the lights in question?

The Great GB
2007-08-21, 07:10 PM
Unfortunately it's a different light fixture type, and there is nothing in front of them. I can see them in the shaded view and the rendered view, but they are just not turned on for some reason.

The Great GB
2007-08-22, 06:00 PM
I've found that it is a phasing thing with the lights. When they are existing in a new construction view they won't shine their brilliance, but if they are on the same phase they work. Is there something in the family that will edit that?

MNsnowtaTy
2007-08-22, 06:42 PM
I've found that it is a phasing thing with the lights. When they are existing in a new construction view they won't shine their brilliance?

Is this maybe because they are existing then, and they want new lights to show so that you can tell new from existing?

The Great GB
2007-08-22, 07:12 PM
Could very well be that, but that doesn't bode well for managing the model (lighting wise) if I can't get existing lights to turn on when the job is done.

luigi
2007-08-22, 11:52 PM
Is it the current phase, or the filter that makes them behave that way? Can you test a render where the filter shows New and Existing with no overrides and demos turned off? Do they still behave that way?

It's a funny thing you discovered...

Could very well be that, but that doesn't bode well for managing the model (lighting wise) if I can't get existing lights to turn on when the job is done.

SkiSouth
2007-08-22, 11:55 PM
perhaps the "show complete" phase.

The Great GB
2007-08-23, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm not sure which change worked, but they now work. I reloaded the lights from the web library, changed to Show Complete and the existing lights now light up in New Construction view.

thanks all for the advice.

Gord

tim.101799
2007-08-23, 05:37 PM
From my experience, any 3D or perspective view that will be rendered should have the phase filter set to "show complete" in order for things to display properly