PDA

View Full Version : Walls behaving badly

ron.sanpedro
2007-08-21, 09:26 PM
I have a project in which some walls are misbehaving in a number of ways, hopefully related.

1: All the exterior walls are currently Generic 8". When you click on one, no temporary dimensions show until you select Activate Dimensions. All other wall types do work correctly.

2: Any room where at least two walls use this Generic 8" wall type, if you move a wall by activating dimensions and typing in a new value, the associated room will not update area. however, the extent of the room when you pick it is based on the new wall location. If you just drag the wall then the room updates.

3: Changing a wall to a new type doesn't seem to solve anything, but at the same time it is only these Generic 8" walls that are affected.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Gordon

Calvn_Swing
2007-08-21, 09:33 PM
I've got a support request in the making for some unexplainable wall joining issues. Ours don't even seem to apply to a type. But, I've seen some "walls behaving badly" like yours too. We just created a new type, switched to the new type, deleted the old type, and renamed the new type to the old type name.

Should have to do it, but it fixed it for us. Though, our rooms didn't misbehave along with the walls, so who knows...

HawkeyNut
2007-08-21, 10:02 PM
Gordon, I've tried recreating your issue and have not been able to. My temporary dimensions work fine even with a generic wall type. I also tried making the walls non-roombounding. That didn't cause any problems either. Perhaps you can post the problem file or a portion of it?

dhurtubise
2007-08-22, 01:12 AM
I've seen the room behavior happen to. Closing and reopening Revit did it.
As for the dimension not showing, check the option bar for Activate Dimension

ron.sanpedro
2007-08-22, 04:40 PM
I've seen the room behavior happen to. Closing and reopening Revit did it.
As for the dimension not showing, check the option bar for Activate Dimension

Activate Dimension worked, but I am wondering why one wall style would not show them automatically, and all the rest would? That part seems strange.

I am checking to see if they are still having room problems today.

Thanks,
Gordon

sbrown
2007-08-23, 01:13 PM
When a wall has multiple constraints on it the temp dimension won't automatically appear, they used to but people complained that it was too confusing everytime they picked on something they saw dozens of blue dims.