PDA

View Full Version : Workplane Inconsistencies

jcoe
2007-08-22, 08:23 PM
I was working in a project today and found something interesting that I never noticed before. It seems that workplanes/ levels are listed differently depending on what object's properties are being looked at. For instance, I was drawing existing roof penetrations (model lines) from an AutoCAD background. I noticed that when I selected the workplane from the options bar, they were listed alphabetically (ie. my T/O Footing came after my Second Floor - see image). I further investigated and noticed that my "objects" level constraints are listed in ascending order from lowest to highest elevation - which is what I would expect - see image 2.

Although not a critical issue, I was wondering if someone could shed some lite on why there might be a difference.

justin.black
2007-08-22, 08:39 PM
That's because when you're editing your workplane, you can choose a Reference Plane by name (aswell as Levels). But when in the properties of an element, you are looking only at Levels (as it says besides the pull-down menu.

jcoe
2007-08-22, 09:02 PM
I had a feeling this was the case. It struck me as odd because I had never picked up on it before. Thank you for the response.