PDA

View Full Version : Curtainwall Sweep?

RodneyLester
2004-08-06, 05:18 PM
Is it possible to sweep a profile along the top of a curtain wall. ie. Aluminum Coping.

Rodney

aggockel50321
2004-08-06, 07:52 PM
Not sure you can use a hosted wall sweep.

You can do an in-place family and do the coping as a sweep along the top of your curtain wall.

Or you could make a custom mullion to match the coping profile, however, if you have intermediate vertical mullions, you'll have to toggle the joins at each to get the look you want (assume vertical butting into horizontal coping)

RodneyLester
2004-08-06, 07:59 PM
Would an in place family sweep along the curtainwall if it is segmented?

I didnt think you could create custom mullions.

Rodney

aggockel50321
2004-08-07, 12:46 AM
Would an in place family sweep along the curtainwall if it is segmented?

Yes, It'll sweep along any 2d path you create, either by picking an edge of the curtain wall, then dragging each end to where you want them, or you can just sketch it to the extents you need.

I didnt think you could create custom mullions.

You're right. Now that I look, I don't think it's possible. Stick with the in-place family sweep.

SCShell
2004-08-07, 03:08 PM
Hey there,

I use custom mullions for a variety of things, including handrail sections on low curtain wall railings. I just us a 1-1/2" square shape for handrail caps since they usually show up just fine to get the overall idea across.

I also use mullions for book case shelving and other types of shelving units. I'm amazed at how versatile the curtain wall/grid/mullion system is.

But, for a rounded shaped handrail cap, I would sweep/profile it too.

Good luck
Steve Shell

sbrown
2004-08-09, 02:18 PM
YOu could also build a custom curtain wall panel that includes the mullion and sweep you want.