PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Linework Question

michaelf
2007-08-23, 07:13 PM
I tried searching for this and couldn't find an answer. When I adjust a line in elevation (using the linework tool) and if parts of it are initially not seen, the whole line shows up after my adjustment. Is there anyway to make that segment that was initially invisible, invisible again? I've noticed grips appear and I have tried to adjust using the grips, but nothing happens. Thanks

Matt H
2007-08-23, 07:42 PM
Let me see if i'm understandin you correctly... You changed an "INVISIBLE" line to be visible with the line work tool, and now you want the same line to be INVISIBLE again... is this correct?

michaelf
2007-08-23, 08:00 PM
Let me see if i'm understandin you correctly... You changed an "INVISIBLE" line to be visible with the line work tool, and now you want the same line to be INVISIBLE again... is this correct?

No, I wanted to change a "Medium" Line to a "Thin" line. Parts of that line were hidden (or rather invisible) because they were behind something....a wall, awning, etc. Now after I changed that line to be thin....the whole line shows up. I need those segments that were hidden (invisible) to be invisible again....

ron.sanpedro
2007-08-23, 08:36 PM
No, I wanted to change a "Medium" Line to a "Thin" line. Parts of that line were hidden (or rather invisible) because they were behind something....a wall, awning, etc. Now after I changed that line to be thin....the whole line shows up. I need those segments that were hidden (invisible) to be invisible again....

After you use the linework tool to change the line, you should see blue grips on the ends of the full length line. You can use them to pull back the extents of the changed portion of the line.

I hope this is what you are after. ;)

Best,
Gordon

michaelf
2007-08-23, 09:33 PM
After you use the linework tool to change the line, you should see blue grips on the ends of the full length line. You can use them to pull back the extents of the changed portion of the line.

I hope this is what you are after. ;)

Best,
Gordon

I think that solved it for me...thank you