PDA

View Full Version : Space Bar - Acquire Size and Workplane

Steve_Stafford
2007-08-24, 06:33 AM
When drawing pipe and duct you can press the Space Bar to acquire the size of the duct and pipe. Further when used on Pipe Fittings it can be used to orient a new section of pipe to the workplane of a fitting, for example the double wye or reducing wye.

Place your first point on the connector snap symbol and move your cursor away from the first point in the direction you want to the duct/pipe to extend and press the Space Bar. You should see the size of duct change and in some cases Revit will change the background color of the screen to blue when working on Pipe Fittings.

cdsuggs
2010-07-23, 03:00 PM
Great tip, thanks Steve!

Shweta
2010-08-04, 06:58 AM
Hello Steve,

I am working on fire protection system & I need to change the pipe size frequently. But the space bar option is not working. I cheked with duct also.

Please help!!!!

Steve_Stafford
2010-08-05, 06:16 AM
Hi,

When you are using the duct or pipe tool you should find that when you select the connector of an element with your first pick that the space bar will alter the size of the pipe/duct and the elevation to match. What manner are you drawing pipe/duct?

Shweta
2010-08-05, 08:57 AM
Hi Steve,

Actually I was trying to change the size when I start the pipe from any end OR fittings with right click & draw pipe option. But now I got that it works when you give draw pipe & then click on any fitting OR pipe end. In that case it will help me mostly in drainage & plumbing system because usually in Fire protection system we change the pipes with continuation of pipe command. And size doesn't change with active pipe command.

Thanks for making it clearer.