PDA

View Full Version : suggested MUST take classes for AU 2008

bjohns
2007-08-24, 06:03 PM
I get to go again this year, anybody have suggested classes for Revet in the AU 2008 schedule? The scheduling method this year seems harder to me for some reason, less hands on I guess.

Thanks

ron.sanpedro
2007-08-24, 07:29 PM
I get to go again this year, anybody have suggested classes for Revet in the AU 2008 schedule? The scheduling method this year seems harder to me for some reason, less hands on I guess.

Thanks

I think it is going to depend on where you are at with Revit. The "must take" class for someone just getting into a Revit pilot project is the "waste of time" class for someone 5 years into their Revit life. Maybe next year there will be the New to Revit Power Track and the Revit Power User Power Track. That will make decisions a little easier. Now I would argue the Sustainability stuff is must take, but plenty of people still seem to think the status quo is viable. I won't even get into that.
But that said, I think Joseph and the AU folks have always done a great job selecting classes (with the one exception of not taking mine this year! ;) and if you are new to Revit you will find every class offers you something. I would recommend looking at the class schedule and map, and plan out one or two bailout options for every single session. If a class really is bad, or too advanced, or too basic, or just not what you expected, you will know exactly what class to crash instead.

Best,
Gordon