PDA

View Full Version : Unable to place steel column

barathd
2004-08-06, 07:44 PM
I am unable to place steel columns in this plan. They should be a W16x26. Have no idea what I am doing wrong. They need to appear in both Architectural and Structural views.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dick Barath

aggockel50321
2004-08-06, 07:55 PM
Check your view range, Dick.

In 6.0, columns placed on a given level extend down to the level below (new convention). If your view range is not set below the view's level, you won't see them.

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-06, 07:57 PM
Your columns are there, they are placed from the current level and 9'-0" below the current level. Revit structural objects are designed from a structural engineers perspective, which is to see structure below rather than our structure above us method.

Go to a 3d view and you'll see your columns, or alternatively adjust your view depth and offset value and you'll see them. Either way...select your columns and reassign their top and bottom constraints. Then they'll show up where you expected them.

Structural columns will automatically show up in an architectural view, whereas a view set to structural will show columns but will grayscale walls and other such features unless the walls are also assigned a structural status. The coordination option for view Discipline will show both at normal lineweights.

barathd
2004-08-06, 08:05 PM
Thank you gentlemen - I could have grown old on this one.

Regards

Dick Barath