PDA

View Full Version : Stacked walls covering elements in Elevation

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 06:42 PM
I'm building a stacked wall (metal top/conc. bottom) and in my interior elevations, the bottom portion of the stacked wall covers the elements in the view. For example, bottom portion of my toilets are covered by the stacked wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dhurtubise
2007-08-27, 06:47 PM
Not sure what you mean by cover ? Do you mean that it hide them ?
Can you post a screenshot ?

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 07:32 PM
thanks for the quick reply. attached are the floor plan and elevation views.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-08-27, 08:14 PM
The problem is that Revit is showing you exactly what you've told it to build. ;)
That looks like the top of the concrete for your stacked wall. If that's the case then you'll need to move the wall out or furr in the interior side of the room at the lower part of the wall.
Cut a section through the exterior wall and you'll see the problem.

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 08:42 PM
I don't see a problem in the section, it appears correct to me. attached is a snap shot of the section.

dhurtubise
2007-08-27, 08:57 PM
Can you post the file ?
Could it be a floor instead ?

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 09:08 PM
the file is huge and i don't think my company would allow it. I did check to see if it was a floor, but when I hover over it, it shows as wall. i also turned off the floors and it still does the same thing.

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 09:14 PM
I figured it out. thanks for everyone's help. The model for the toilet was a 2-d which has floor plan, elevation and elevations and it appeared as 3-d, but its actually a 2-d family. I have to fix that problem some how and I think it would be fine then.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-08-27, 09:16 PM
The problem is that Revit is showing you exactly what you've told it to build.
OK, it appears the problem is me not looking at the problem :Oops:

It looks like the concrete wall is displaying it's surface pattern not its section material, correct?
Any chance the toilet is a 2D linework family and what you are seeing is the curb in elevation?

dhurtubise
2007-08-27, 09:16 PM
Just copy/paste that room in a new file nand post that

shamshirha
2007-08-27, 10:16 PM
The problem was a 2-d line work for the toilet model. I totally missed that and I created a masked area in my 2-d drawing which will mask what's beyond it and it seem to work for now.

thank you for all your help.