PDA

View Full Version : Problem attaching wall to roof

tim.101799
2007-08-27, 07:20 PM
I am trying to attach a gable end wall to its roof above. But when I do only 1/2 of the wall actually attaches to the roof. See the attached picture

My next step is to just edit the profile of the wall to follow the roof. The really wierd thing is that I have several other dormers with similar conditions and the walls attached to the roofs just fine.

Matt H
2007-08-27, 10:56 PM
Have you tried detaching all... and then try to re-attach the wall again? My walls sometimes do that too!

Tobie
2007-08-27, 11:15 PM
Change your base offset to 0. Did a similar roof and for some reason the wall behaves the same as yours when the base offset is set to anything positive. I can set the base offset to a negative value, but not positive. Seems like a bug.
To solve you can have the level above your base of the wall as the base level and then have a negative base offset to achieve the desired height. Not perfect but will do for now.
Hope this helps and we might have to log a support request.

Edit:
You can also have the wall go to the ridge of the roof and then mirror the wall. The problem does not happen when the wall is only sloped in one direction.

ford347
2007-08-28, 12:27 AM
I have this happen to me quite frequently as well. Kind of a pain. But a few things; play with the ends of the wall, make sure they don't go to far into the mass of the roof, that seems to cause a problem. Another thing, when you attach the wall, attach the top first, then attach the base to the roof below. I have this happen if I do it the other way around. If it just won't seem to work, I do what tobie suggested and draw to walls. But like I said, play with the ends of your wall and attach them in the order mentioned and most times you can get it to work.

Josh