PDA

View Full Version : Selecting and Dimensioning

bowlingbrad
2007-08-29, 01:35 PM
We have come across two issues that I cannot figure out.

1. We have a floor plan view where we cannot directly select anything. We can select with a window or crossing but not by just picking the element. It only happens in one view. The other views are fine. All settings seem to be the same.

2. We cannot dimension to some items within a linked file in a floor plan callout. We can dimension to a face of a mullion but not a grid line.

Any help would be appreciated!

bowlingbrad
2007-09-06, 12:25 PM
This is still an issue.

We also cannot tag anything in the view.

Is there any reason why objects cannot be directly selected but selected by a crossing or window? Other views operate just fine. We tried copying dimensions from one view to the other and the dimensions extension lines shift from a wall in one view to a nearby reference plane in the 'bad' view.

Any thoughts?

SkiSouth
2007-09-06, 01:07 PM
have you tried to duplicate the view and see if it occurs in the new view too? (duplicate by using "new" vs. Duplicate existing)

bowlingbrad
2007-09-06, 05:04 PM
Thanks Ski.

We've done that already and it worked. I'm just trying to figure out why it happened in the first place. :screwy: :screwy:

abarrette
2007-09-07, 02:59 PM
I've run into this issue where the view was created with a callout and wasn't set to a Floor Plan Callout but a Detail Callout. Detail callouts allow certain functionality but not others, namely Room Tags.

HTH