PDA

View Full Version : Space Frame

pwmsmith
2004-08-08, 01:56 PM
I'm trying to construct a space frame in Revit to span over the drive of a new building. My attempts so far have not been successful. Has anyone completed a spaceframe and if so some clues in the direction to take.
Thanks

pwmsmith
2004-08-08, 04:12 PM
Well, here is where I am so far. I created a square base for a roof with a pitch of 12:12, changed the roof to sloped glazing (similar to making a metal roof in a previous thread), added mullions, and changed sloped glazing to empty. I now have an up-side down space frame. However I cannot mirror or rotate the roof! Help please.

pwmsmith
2004-08-08, 04:19 PM
Third time a charm. For those interested I changed the slope to -12" and now have a frame in the right direction.

Phil Read
2004-08-08, 11:39 PM
You can use this (attached file) to make this (see attached image). Parameters O' Plenty. It's a single bay containing a nested frame.

Note - this one doesn't have any parameters to control slope and it's not roof hosted.

All the best -

Phil

jwilhelm
2004-08-14, 05:52 PM
There was a post regarding space frames a few days ago, I thought this software might be of use to those needing this capability. You can generate any mathematically defined object and generate a space frame. Then import into Revit. There are also kits you can buy to build a physical maodel. I would sure like to see this capability in REVIT.

http://www.tekcad.com/products/tekcad.html

iffans
2004-10-14, 09:52 AM
Smith...May I know how to make a diagonal curtain grid and mullion? It's always snap perpendicular to the panel. Thx!!