PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Filters

bcgatti
2007-08-30, 03:40 PM
I am attempting to filter out Rooms in a Millwork Schedule and I am having trouble figuring out a way to do it.

I need to filter out all rooms that do not contain any millwork so that I can give a concise Millwork Schedule (with no non-millwork rooms shown) to the contractor.

I have applied filters based upon Cabinet Types, Notes, etc... but any combination of these filters removes rooms that do not meet all of the criteria - even if they contain millwork. Use of an "OR" instead of an "and" in the filtering menu would be very helpful.

Is there anyway to get Revit to filter by using an "OR" type filtering method? Example: a room would be visible if it contained Counter Tops "OR" Wall Cabinets "OR" "Base Cabinets".

I'm sure that there is a simple way to accomplish this that I am just missing.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Brett

Calvn_Swing
2007-08-30, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, no.

I've been asking for an operator menu for a while. But, no dice. Instead, just add a project parameter to rooms and then change the value of that parameter based on the contents in the room. This works especially well if you're using a room key schedule to set up "typical" room conditions and (in your case) the casework matches up to those typical conditions.

Then, you can filter based on a single parameter rather than multiple ones.

Good luck!

bcgatti
2007-08-31, 11:30 AM
Kelly,

Thanks for the reply. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Brett