PDA

View Full Version : Blocks in Sta-Off labels

lwhite.49103
2007-08-30, 03:57 PM
I know you can attach a block to a label style, is there anyway to edit the block if it has attributes? I'm trying to recreate our sta-off construction note from LDD. The note we use in LDD includes a place to add a construction note number.

Lance W.

MHultgren
2007-08-31, 03:30 PM
You could create a Text object in place of the Attribute and then edit the Label text but I haven't been able to get attributes to work in label styles

lwhite.49103
2007-08-31, 03:45 PM
You could create a Text object in place of the Attribute and then edit the Label text but I haven't been able to get attributes to work in label styles

Except that dosen't work. I'd like to have a symbol of some sort (square, circle, triangle etc) around the contruction note numer. The only way to keep that in the dragged state is to makethe text "As Compossed" if you do that the label dosen't "flip" in stays attached to the leader in whatever justfication you set for the text. Not to mention editing a text label takes a lot longer than editing an attribute.

I'm looking into getting some VBA help to read the Sta. and Off. from the algiment then just putting it into a dynamic block. Pretty much how we do it with LDD. Seems silly that the freaking label dosen't flip.

Lance W.