PDA

View Full Version : how to make a plan section?

steedlei
2007-08-31, 04:09 AM
Maybe this is a very simple question for most of you: how to make a plan section(either looking up or down) to show some detail?

dpasa
2007-08-31, 05:03 AM
Section box is the answer... From 3d view go to view props, check section box, then align the view

steedlei
2007-08-31, 10:29 AM
Haha, how silly I am, just rotate the vertical section to horizontal, that's it!

ws
2007-08-31, 11:00 AM
Section Box - not come across that one, thanks :)

What a neat feature - I've been wondering how to do that.

Didn't realise you could rotate sections either - but I don't see the benefit over a regular plan view?

sulidae
2013-08-12, 07:21 PM
With regards to Vertical transport sheet documentation:
I'm familiar with taking a section and rotating it 90 degrees to create a "plan section" that then can show up as a live tag in Revit when documenting stair towers. I like the ease of adjusting the plan section cut with the section tag line in view and copying the tag up multiple levels to produce stair tower plans quickly.

What I don't like is the lose of many visibility graphics / annotation options associated with floor plans, i.e. spot elevations, above lines and below lines, etc...

Does anyone know of a way to create a "smart" plan section tag that would appear in the stair tower section to show where the tower stair plans were being cut?