PDA

View Full Version : door schedules

Wagurto
2004-08-09, 01:34 AM
I want to schedule a door by type, each door size will be one type, instead of each door be one number, How do I do that? Explain in detail to a begginer please! Is there a revit for dummies yet?

Brian
2004-08-09, 02:02 AM
Wagurto,

Add a type mark field to your door schedule and sort the schedule by "Type Mark" - Additionally, uncheck the "itemize every instance" box if you are just looking for the door types within your project.

See attached image for an example.

Regards,

Brian

(edited to correct an error - Sort the schedule by Type Mark)

Alex Page
2005-04-11, 10:10 PM
I tend to do this as well, but what I really need is a Door schedule with Door type, with description, width, height, etc etc and a list of the door numbers.

So I need all the door numbers to show up, but without all the descriptions, they should be just against the door type...hard to explain! Please have a look at attached excel file

beegee
2005-04-12, 01:33 AM
Is this the type of schedule you want Alex ?

Keep in mind that Revit enters all the repetitive text, so even though you wouldn't set it up that way in Excel, its still efficient.

belinda.66428
2005-04-12, 04:11 AM
Alex,
I would set up my schedule like so;
FIELDS - Type Mark, Mark, Description, Width, Height and Construction Type
SORTING/GROUPING - Type and tick the header box, then sort by Description
FORMATTING - I would make the type field hidden

If you name your doors Mark Type with "TYPE A - 2010 x 810" you could also make your Height and Width colums hidden. We actaully name our windows by Type eg. 2040 x 820 and then for the more complex we use the type mark.

Hope this was of some help.

Regards,

Belinda

Alex Page
2005-04-14, 05:15 AM
Sorry, reread my post and I didnt explain myself very well...
beegee, the duplication is exactly what I dont want! Easier for the tenderer/ builder (let alone me) to not have to check every line, I want a schedule of types with a list of the door numbers beside it, so instead of having, say 50 rows, there might only be 5. Alot easier all around

Scott D Davis
2005-04-14, 05:23 AM
In the schedule properties, you need to uncheck the Schedule Every Instance box. This will group the "types" into a one-line schedule instance.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-14, 05:30 AM
In the schedule properties, you need to uncheck the Schedule Every Instance box. This will group the "types" into a one-line schedule instance.If he wants each individual door number to show up he can't uncheck itemize every instance can he?

You can restrict a schedule to show fewer pieces of information so it doesn't clutter things up, but you can't have a complete schedule of doors showing each distinct door number and hide all the same types because the defining characteristic is the door number. Unless I'm missing something?

Scott D Davis
2005-04-14, 05:37 AM
oops, I gotta read more carefully....you are correct, Steve!

beegee
2005-04-14, 09:22 PM
Sorry, I'm not following that logic. No need to check every line ? The schedule format in my illustration has a row for each door number, so does your excel schedule. If you want a schedule format that has one row containing the type, with an adjacent string of comma separated door numbers, you cannot do that in Revit.

Sorry, reread my post and I didnt explain myself very well...

beegee, the duplication is exactly what I dont want! Easier for the tenderer/ builder (let alone me) to not have to check every line, I want a schedule of types with a list of the door numbers beside it, so instead of having, say 50 rows, there might only be 5. Alot easier all around

szechuan3
2005-04-15, 05:07 PM
What I have done is create a shared parameter called 'Door Type' for the Type Properties of the Door Families. Once it is in the project I am able to label each different door type - Type A, B etc therefore allowing my schedule to show x number of type A doors, type B doors etc. I then use my mark parameter in the instance properties to apply the individual door number. In my schedule I have the 'door type' shared parameter loaded in and therefor able to create a schedule which shows the door number, door type, material, frame type, material etc etc.

Hope this helps

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-15, 05:33 PM
What I have done is create a shared parameter called 'Door Type' for the Type Properties of the Door Families.
This is a built in function of Revit

Type Mark (type parameter) for example:
Every instance of a Single Flush 3-0 x 6-8 = A
Every instance of a Single Flush 3-6 x 6-8 = B

Mark (instance parameter) Each doors unique number
Door 101
Door 102
Door 103

greg.mcdowell
2006-05-30, 04:26 PM
Bringing this thread back to life for a moment...

My thinking is slightly different from the original poster and I'm trying to noodle my way through. What I want is to create a series of Door Panel Families (with types like Flush, Vision, Narrow Lite, etc.) and Frame Families (with types like 2" Jamb - 2" Head, 2" Jamb - 4" Head, etc.) and then nest those into a Door Family. Each of these Door Panels and Frames will have a Type (like F, V and N for the Panel and 1 and 2 for the Frames) that should be the same on all projects (at least as a starting point). The size of the doors will be Instance Parameters.

I'm "stealing" bits of Aaron's unfinished (nudge, nudge) "Building a Better Door" AUGI course and your (Steve) 2005 AU "Autodesk Revit Building Family Editor - From the Beginning" class to format my thinking so if it sounds familiar it probably is...

I will still need to schedule doors by Instance Mark (ideally linked to the room number but that's another conversation) and include the Panel and Frame Type Mark.

From your (Steve) post I had hoped that, at least for the Door Panel, I'd be able to use the Type Mark but that Parameter is not exposed in the Family Editor. So, assuming I've thought through all of this correctly, I either use one of the predefined Family Parameters (like Construction Type since I don't know what else I'd use it for) or create my own Shared Parameter and file... right?

And while I'm thinking about it... what's the rational for having only one Shared Parameter file? I can see how it might be advantageous to have one for each Family Type but maybe I'm missing something.