PDA

View Full Version : "Properties" Shortcut

mibzim
2007-09-03, 11:13 PM
So we all know that the TAb key and the ESCAPE key are among the most important buttons on the keyboard.

However, the most frequently used tool is the properties button, and it makes life a whole lot easier if the keyboard shortcut is the button between your escape key and the TAb key - the ` key, or ~ key when holding down SHIFT (whatever that one is called!). Put it into your shortcuts file and you will notice that it works well and brings up the properties of almost anything, including the view properties when the crop region is activated.

This way there is always a finger hovering over three most important keys - TAB, PROPERTIES and ESCAPE.

winnwgomez
2007-09-04, 07:26 AM
Hi

The shortcut assigned to properties is PR by default. you could select the element and hit PR to bring up the properties ( just like ACAD) . i'm sure if you modify the keyboardshortcuts.txt file in the program installation path and set the shortcut file to accept `` as the shortcut, you could make this work!

But i'm not sure whether the shortcut txt file takes symbols. i will check and let you know!!

Regards

Winn

ws
2007-09-04, 12:53 PM
Alt+Enter also brings up Element Properties of selected objects

dhurtubise
2007-09-04, 01:35 PM
I use RR
Left side of the keyboard (don;t have to leave my mouse) and quick

ws
2007-09-04, 02:06 PM
Hmm, set me thinking this, thanks....

I use the buttons on the side of my Wacom Cintiq tablet/screen for Ctrl, Alt, Shift and Tab... but I didn't realise until I just tried it that the buttons will accept 2 characters.

Changing the underused Alt to 'PR' works nicely...

and the 'Eraser' on the end of the pen gives 'ESC' as well. :)

Wes Macaulay
2007-09-04, 07:40 PM
We use 'Q' (think "query") for Properties and ~ for View Properties. They are commonly used dialogs, alright.