PDA

View Full Version : Foundation wall being cut by doors

aargumaniz
2007-09-04, 05:29 PM
I've searched to see if I could find a solution to this, but I'm a bit tired of searching and not finding anything. I have a simple load bearing foundation wall that I draw using the wall based command. The foundation looks great until it reaches a wall that has a door, where it then does not draw a foundation wall where it intersects the door. How can I get a continuous footing for the wall? Is there a setting that I am missing? I am using Revit Arch. 2008 to draw my foundation wall.

dhurtubise
2007-09-04, 05:37 PM
Are you using the footing tool or drawing another wall underneath the foundation wall ?

aargumaniz
2007-09-04, 05:55 PM
I am using the foundation tool found under the Structural heading and then choosing to add it by wall so that I can select my exterior walls to add a raised foundation. My doors are attached to the first floor level, which is 1'-0" above ground level. I am creating a crawl space under neath my single family home.

dhurtubise
2007-09-04, 05:58 PM
So you cant add a footing to that specific wall because there's a door in it ?
I dont use that tol, too cumbersome

aargumaniz
2007-09-04, 06:02 PM
The tool works fine when the wall doesn't have a door, but once it reads that a door is attached to the wall it simply makes a gap in the foundation where the door is and it continues to draw the foundation on the remainder of the wall.

What do you use to show a foundation, espcecialy for a raised foundation?

dhurtubise
2007-09-04, 06:55 PM
I use another wall and a level below. i control the width with the type and the height with the level or level offset.
Even allows me to modify the shape in elevation