PDA

View Full Version : Resolving Ignored Warnings

darrenplewis
2007-09-05, 05:13 PM
I have a project team with a model that has 922 warnings. They are experiencing some performance lags and I asked that they go through a resolve the warnings in the hopes that it would help. Of course they have a deadline on Friday.

My question then is, what type of warnings should they target, in a constrained time situation, which would help with performance?

sbrown
2007-09-05, 05:18 PM
Room warnings, join warnings, overlapping lines, and area warnings seem to bog it down the most.

dhurtubise
2007-09-05, 05:28 PM
Everything that involves geometry like Scott mention. Stuff like Duplicate Mark can be ignored but i still like to take care of warnings as soon as they show up.

twiceroadsfool
2007-09-05, 06:57 PM
The fastest ones to take care of are "Identical instances in the same place" because i feel pretty comfortable deleting one of the objects, since there is another in its space, LOL. Ive found those are mostly just users who get confused about what workset to be on, and keep placing items.

Otherwise, i find it to be a slow and tedious process.

I tend to look for the ones that i can fix without deleting gemetry. If i see a bunch of "wall is attached to but not touching roof..." then i will broadly grab all of the walls and detach them from the roofs, and go through reattaching them... As in some buildigns with flat roofs, it is quicker than searching one by one.

While this is very unofficial and simply a "butt-dyno" i find we start to have minor performance issues and failed STC's right at or above 200ish warnings. Below that, we dont see many problems.

Good luck...

dhurtubise
2007-09-05, 07:48 PM
I'm still amaze about warnings actually. Why are people not fixing it right-away ?

cphubb
2007-09-05, 07:49 PM
The brutal ones are the GBXL export errors. It is so sensetive to bounding objects that we always get 700+ warnings about bounding. The only way to get rid is to clean the bounding object and re-export. This really appears as a bug to me

Andre Baros
2007-09-05, 08:24 PM
We ignore all kinds of errors, most of the time they seam "temporary".

For example when you get a room bounding error while your moving walls around, well obviously you're about to draw a new wall so you ignore the error, but sometimes you have a whole bunch of these at once and then don't draw all the walls back.

Sometimes Revit tries to join beams to walls instead of the column embeded in the wall... I don't have the time to figure that out.

Another dumb one is walls that are slightly off axis... but it's an existing building and the wall really is slightly off axis, there's no way around it.

How about wall sweeps that can't be created for no good reason... it takes too much time to chase all those down when sometimes your changing a wall far away from the error.

patricks
2007-09-07, 07:03 PM
Sometimes Revit tries to join beams to walls instead of the column embeded in the wall... I don't have the time to figure that out.

I can't stand that one. Yes there are times when I have framing that stops at the face of the wall. No I don't want it to join. Why the **** won't it let me do what I want?? :banghead: