PDA

View Full Version : material annotations / legends

fstafek
2007-09-06, 05:52 AM
Hello everybody,
this will be really newbie question:

I'm to finish some elevations, with legend of materials used (windwos/facade/siding etc etc),
legend should have key numbers and explanations, on elevations should be tags with numbers corresponding to legend items.

What is the "right Revit" and mainly most simple way to do...:

1] introduce project parameter for material, have tag by material, then schedule nonempty or otherwise marked items?

2] just say field "mark" or "comment" of material will hold the number, and field "description" will hold the actual explanation, then schedule nonempty or otherwise marked items?

3] keynoting with custom keys?

4] just dumb tags and ... text note legend?

There will be about ten to fifteen items...
I'm just wondering what should be the most efficient workflow, and also if I haven't missed some possibility on the way:-)

Thanks for any tip,

regards Frantisek Stafek.

lhanyok
2007-09-06, 01:14 PM
2] just say field "mark" or "comment" of material will hold the number, and field "description" will hold the actual explanation, then schedule nonempty or otherwise marked items?

3] keynoting with custom keys?

Either of these will work. If you're not using keynoting anywhere else, it can work well for this use. Just remember that keynote 1 will be keynote 1 on every view. I know typically the way we worked in AutoCAD was each sheet had a different keynote legend from 1 to whatever. It doesn't work this way in Revit.