PDA

View Full Version : Dependent Views & Callouts - bug

DaveP
2007-09-06, 02:51 PM
I've found a couple of quirks regarding the Callout bubbles & thought I'd pass them on.

The first one is when you create a Callout on a plan using Dependent Views, make sure you create the callout in the Parent View. DO NOT create the Callout in a Dependent View, because it will not show up in the Parent. Theoretically, since we don't have the Parent View on a sheet, it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is disconcerting.

The next Callout problem is probably a bit more serious than the first. When you adjust the leader on a Callout in the Parent View, it does NOT change the leader in the Dependent. And, of course, that's the one on the Sheets. Normally, you'd do all of your work in the Parent View, but this is one thing you need to do in the Dependent.

Mods, I can confirm these via Autodesk Support Requests if you feel this thread should be moved to "Known Issues"

dbaldacchino
2007-09-06, 05:43 PM
The first one is when you create a Callout on a plan using Dependent Views, make sure you create the callout in the Parent View. DO NOT create the Callout in a Dependent View, because it will not show up in the Parent.

Thanks for bringing this up Dave, but I don't believe this is a bug. Floor plan callouts only show in their parent view. Try this out with a regular duplicated view....the callout doesn't show up there either. You might want to take a look at this post:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=674045

I updated the file after reading your post :)

The next Callout problem is probably a bit more serious than the first. When you adjust the leader on a Callout in the Parent View, it does NOT change the leader in the Dependent. And, of course, that's the one on the Sheets. Normally, you'd do all of your work in the Parent View, but this is one thing you need to do in the Dependent.

Again, this is probably not a bug but just how Revit works. I personally dislike this functionality. Moving the leader is a view specific edit. My biggest pet peeves are grids & levels. Once more, you adjust these in the parent view and the dependents don't update. Weren't dependent views supposed to be used for working in one overall view and then split it on a number of cropped dependent views? So why on earth would I want to then adjust gridlines etc. on each dependent?:banghead:

Baldwin_4-6-0
2007-09-06, 07:33 PM
Well, you can't have everything, where would you put it all?

I don't mind how the callouts work right now. I agree with Dave not a bug. Maybe think about your process and come up with ways to get your documents to correct using callouts the way they are.