PDA

View Full Version : Sloped Curtainwall Panel

RodneyLester
2007-09-07, 04:18 PM
Is it possible to create a custom curtain wall panel with one of the vertical edges sloped. (see attached)

I got the panel to work and flex, but when I try to change the cw panel to 1-004 (attached). It does not work.

Any suggestions.

tkrich00
2007-09-07, 06:27 PM
I don't think you can or I have not found anything yet - the panel size takes the shape of the grids, you can change the slope of the curtain grid or edit the profile as you did. The panels can be any shape you want but I believe it is controlled by the curtain grid. I don't think there is a way to have the grid line to take the shape of the panel. I think modify the profile of the wall is the best approach.

RodneyLester
2007-09-07, 06:33 PM
I did modify the profile of the curtainwall. Once you do that, a custom panel will not work. Only a system panel that conforms to the grid will work. Thats why I created the 1-004 custom panel and made the slope the same as the slope on the cw profile. It will not accept the custom panel I created when the profile of the wall is not consistant.

SkiSouth
2007-09-07, 08:40 PM
If material is all you need and the joint treatments still work, simply take a generic wall type, duplicate it, make it the material and thickness of the glass you need and put it in the slope panel. It'll substitute fine.

steedlei
2007-09-08, 12:34 AM
I did test also and confirm that only system panel (either glass or solid) can apply to sloped-edge curtain wall. One advantage of using custom curtain wall panel is the ability to assign sub-category to panel to give more visibility control. We can apply different material to system panel. my question is that is there anyway we can quickly select objects based on their material? (then can easily to group them and turn them on/off, etc)