PDA

View Full Version : Areas and Move all

chriscooper
2004-08-10, 01:28 AM
I am looking for 2 commands / processes.

1 is a simple area command. I have an outside area which is made up of coloured concrete, ashalt, landscaping and then normal concrete and I want to find out the areas of each. I have already model a topography over the area and don't really want to split it into each area. Is there another way?

2 I need to change the floor level 2 my building and in the building I have the levels, ref planes and generic models with heights. Is there a move all command by window which I can move all this 100mm vertically?

adegnan
2004-08-10, 02:50 AM
1- so your various exterior pieces are all part of the same topography? It probably would have been best for you to split this topography into different pieces in the first place.

2- go to an elevation or section view. Hopefully if you have dimensions between these you set them all up in the same view? Grab all the levels you want to move, plus any reference planes that are parallel that you want to move, and activate a dimension to move them.

Scott D Davis
2004-08-10, 03:05 AM
1. Create an area plan (view>new>area plan) In the area plan, define your own boundaries using skectch lines, drop in area tags to get area.

2. see abe's solution!