PDA

View Full Version : Key Plans in Title Block

Scott_Bloss
2004-08-10, 03:22 PM
I would like to show key plans in my title blocks, does anyone have any ideas on how to place a key plan on specific drawing sheets.

Andrew.Mills
2004-08-10, 09:05 PM
What I usually do, is use the outline of the plan that I am using and save it to a different drawing location and then shrink it down and xref it in. Then whatever part of the plan I am showing I usually so that part highlighted on the key. I hope that helps.

Andrew

PeterJ
2004-08-10, 10:17 PM
What I usually do, is use the outline of the plan that I am using and save it to a different drawing location and then shrink it down and xref it in. Then whatever part of the plan I am showing I usually so that part highlighted on the key. I hope that helps.
That doesn't seem to be a Revit solution. The easiest route that I am aware of is to place a jpg on your title sheet, it can even be a part of the title sheet. The jpg can just be an exported view of a suitable plan.

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-10, 10:46 PM
Scott,

Export your floor plan to dwg (whatever best represents the overall project, be it a slab edge plan, walls roof etc) Then import and link the dwg plan to your title block, reducing the size as req'd to get it to fit in your key plan area.

Now use filled regions in your titleblock to shade or otherwise identify the parts of the bldg. Create a yes/no parameter for each bldg area filled region you create. Associate each filled region's visible property with the matching yes/no parameter.

Now import the titleblock into your project and you can turn on/off the shading in the properties of the titleblock. Use Instance parameters in the titleblock family if you want to do this by sheet or type parameters if you want to have sheet types that are predefined for a bldg area (advantage if there are many and many views affected).

Your dwg is linked to the titleblock so it will update everytime you export the keyplan from Revit as long as you don't change the name or location. Now you just need to reload the titleblock into your project and you're back in business...

Scott_Bloss
2004-08-11, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I think i can make this work.