PDA

View Full Version : Stair Styles

jbayne
2004-08-10, 03:45 PM
When putting stairs into a drawing we want the path arrow to go from top stair down. I have found in disp. props. where to turn one off and the other on but when I do I have to change my cut plane. Then I get break marks in my stairs. This is fine when we have stairs going from floor to floor but when going from landing down 5 steps to grade we don't want break marks. Is there something that I am overlooking or is it simpler just to draw it in manually?

CADMama
2004-08-10, 03:56 PM
When putting stairs into a drawing we want the path arrow to go from top stair down. I have found in disp. props. where to turn one off and the other on but when I do I have to change my cut plane. Then I get break marks in my stairs. This is fine when we have stairs going from floor to floor but when going from landing down 5 steps to grade we don't want break marks. Is there something that I am overlooking or is it simpler just to draw it in manually?

Try setting the Cut Plane to zero.

jbayne
2004-08-10, 04:08 PM
Tried that and path arrow disappears completly.

CADMama
2004-08-10, 04:25 PM
Let's be sure we are on the same page. You know what they say - A picture is worth...... getting us on the same page.
Is this what you want?

(I made this a zipped BMP to keep the resolution.)

jbayne
2004-08-10, 05:26 PM
Ok, it looks correct but is the arrow showing that the direction is up. I noticed in the entity props that the 'path up' is 'on' and 'path down' is off.
I have included a wblock of the stairs. I want the direction of the arrow mirrored so that the path is shown going down the stairs.

CADMama
2004-08-10, 05:49 PM
OH - OK - I haven't checked my model to see that my stairs are going the wrong way on plan.
LOL - I guess I would have figured it out sooner or later.

If you want it the other way - set your cut plane to taller than the stair height and reverse the layer setting in the entity display.

Let me know if that works.

jbayne
2004-08-10, 06:31 PM
ok, did what you said and finally got it to work. I set the cut plane to 2" above the top of stairs and it came out correctly. Thank You for the great help.

CADMama
2004-08-10, 06:41 PM
AUGI FORUMS RULE!!!!!!!!!

jbayne
2004-08-10, 07:34 PM
The company that I work for is just getting around to implementing ADT 2004. We are currently using ADT r2. All of our drawings are flat. This will be the first for this campany to work with walls, windows and doors. I am going to have a lot of questions.

CADMama
2004-08-10, 08:12 PM
Oh GOODIE - I have a reason for coming back here then! LOL

You will enjoy the forums - the e-friends you meet and the help you get here. Don't forget to give something back - share and share alike!

Glad you are getting something out of AUGI!